Meet up in cork soon?

Want to go bowling or shopping? Organise it here!

Moderators: Supermods, General Fora Moderators

Meet up in cork soon?

Postby vox » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:14 am

I'm 19 and I'm struggling with the fact that I might be transgender. I was born a male but don't wanna be male anymore. I was wondering is there any meet ups in cork where I can talk to trans people and get advice because I feel so alone right now and scared.
vox
Newt

Pronouns: .
Preferred name: Kevin

Re: Meet up in cork soon?

Postby Eva » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:17 pm

vox wrote:I'm 19 and I'm struggling with the fact that I might be transgender. I was born a male but don't wanna be male anymore. I was wondering is there any meet ups in cork where I can talk to trans people and get advice because I feel so alone right now and scared.

Hey, I'll pass on this thread link to the person running support in cork
You aren't alone, there are lots of us here, and life gets a lot better, trust me on that *hugs*
silliness is not a virtue
Eva
Kitten

Pronouns: She, Her
Preferred name: Eva

Postby vox » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:16 am

Thank you!
vox
Newt

Pronouns: .
Preferred name: Kevin

Postby Bigbird » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:17 pm

Hi, My name is Trish and at the moment I facilitate the Cork Trans Support Group. There is a group meeting in Cork once a month where people can meet other Trans people for mutual support. I or one of the group members would be delighted to meet you on your own if you would like to have a chat before you attend the group. Please contact me on 087 2046748 for more information or check out the Cork Trans* Group on Facebook. Trish
Bigbird
Newt

Pronouns: She, her,
Preferred name: Jamie

Postby Cronin » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:33 pm

Im 23 and I am mtf transgender but I am having difficulty coming out
Cronin
Newt

Pronouns: She, Her
Preferred name: Emily

Postby daithi » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:13 pm

anybody from Cork?
daithi
Newt

Pronouns: many
Preferred name: daithi

Postby Roseweave » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:03 pm

I'm thinking of setting up my own group in Cork, maybe a similar dublin. The difference with the regular support group would be that it would be a queer & trans group, that centers trans issues, as opposed to pure trans, and would also provide avenue for political discussion/activism while still functioning as a support net when necessary. most likely it would be split into two sections, a more political and a more social one, so people can drop in and out depending on which part they're interested in/comfortable with. I think liasing with the wider queer, especially political queer community could be important and give us a better support net.

If anyone's interested in that let me know. I'll probably be organising it through the trans/queer liberation page - https://www.facebook.com/transqueerlibe ... e/?fref=ts
Roseweave
Newt

Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred name: Leighanna

Return to Meet ups